Tuesday, December 28, 2004

12.28.04 – Time to get started.

I’ve had this blog for sometime now and I’ve done a proper job of ignoring it. Part of the reason is I was having a great time reading everyone else’s blog, but the main reason is lack of confidence in my writing ability. So now I’m going to make a go of it. There are two things I hope to get from forcing myself to write, other than kill some free time until the NHL lockout gets resolve. They are: 1) to improve my writing skills 2) to critically analyze my poker game. If I have to write about how I’m playing poker, that means I must be thinking about how I’m playing poker. This blog is the third recent step for me in this process. The first step was to start using Poker Tracker. I had purchased the software some time ago, but I never used it regularly. When I started playing on Party Poker I realized it was very easy to use PT with the automatic import instead of manually importing the hand history. I’ve been using PT for over two months now and I’ve accumulated over 12,000 hands of play. I’m already seeing an improvement in my game even in this short amount of time. The second step was to re-read all of the poker books in my library. I’m a book junkie, however I will many times just skim a book that I keep for reference and never really absorb its material. As I’m reading I use page flags to mark any important item that I may want to return and review. This will help whenever I hit a slump and want to shore up any holes that may have developed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home