Monday, April 11, 2005

No really this time.

OK, I know I said I would keep up with this long ignored blog, but really this time. I forced myself to publish old unposted drafts to get things going.

I haven't been playing a lot of poker lately because my laptop is in the shop and the replacement laptop they provided me also broke. Therefore I had to use my old Dell in the den which has a bad habit of freezing up at inopportune moments.

This brings us to Sunday morning. The dogs decided to wake me up before 6am. Usually when they do this I let them out, brew some coffee, feed them and play a tourney on Party Poker. Given my computer situation, I thought this could be interesting.

I found a nice little $5+1 NLHE tourney with 1500 players. For the first few hours, my computer ran like a champ. I actually took the opportunity to restart it durning one of the breaks.

After about four hours, we were down to about 30 players. I was already in the money since top 180 got paid. I was low stacked with around $25,000T and about to hit the blinds which would go up to 4k-8k. With 1 minute left in the break, I decided to open up one of the other tables to observe their play. BAD MOVE! My computer froze right up. The dogs and cats ran out of the room as a flurry of obsentities flew around the den. I quickly hit the reset button hoping to get back before the big blind hit me. From the living room, my wife offered me the use of her laptop which she already had on and does have Party Poker installed (I'll leave that story for another post). For some stupid reason, I said no and waited for my clunker to restart. When I got back, I had missed 8 hands and lost almost half my stack to the blinds. I can't bear to go look at the hand history for those 8 hands. Well, I figured I had to do something before the blinds came back to me, so I went all in with A-x and got knocked out in 25 place. I made a small profit, but the money didn't mean anything. It bugged me getting knocked out for some reason other than how I played (or misplayed) my cards.

This allowed me to get to my main plan for the day, which was planting my butt on the sofa and watching the Masters. I'm a fan of DiMarco especially since he was the lone bright spot for the US in the Ryder Cup. I feel bad for him losing to Tiger, but that was an exciting finish. I figured that the 16th hole would decide the winner. I was right for the wrong reason. That was such a dramtic moment when Tiger chipped in that downhill sideways bender. I had a feeling when the commentator said" he'll be lucky to get inside of DiMarco" that he would hole out. Congrats Tiger on a 4th green jacket and shutting up your critics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home