Monday, April 25, 2005

The weekend in review

I really wish I could have played in the blogger tourney on Sunday. The Blogfather, Iggy, gave me my invite last week, but as it worked out I tried to pack too much into one short weekend and couldn't make it in time to play.

I was able to watch the final table where there was some good poker action and great chat going on. Congrats to Bob at One2Many for winning and going on to represent all of the poker bloggers at the World Series of Poker. Pauly has a great play by play of the entire event over at Tao of Poker. It was great to see one of my favorite bloggers, Hank, at the final table. I hope someday he finds more time to blog, as his new job at Full Tilt is keeping him pretty busy.

As for me, I prefer to fish out at Party Poker. The guppies were out in force this weekend. I was disappointed to see that Party Poker decreased the upper limit on what seems to be their recurring month end bonus. In prior months you could get a 20% reload bonus up to $200 (deposit $1000 to get a $200 bonus), but this month they've lowered it to $100. It does make it much easier to earn the bonus since you only have to play 700 hands versus 1400 hands. Hopefully the bigger bonus will be back next month.

I was able to knock off about 300 bonus hands on Saturday and Sunday. When trying to knock out a bonus, I usually two table on 2/4, but this time with only needing 700 hands, I stuck with one 5/10 table.

Overall, I broke even on the weekend, but I had to dig myself out of a hole on Sunday. On Saturday, I had two hands that took just about all my chips at the table. In both hands I had a big pocket pair, which I fast played, and both times my opponent went runner-runner for a 4 card flush. the first time I had QQ and hit a set on the flop. We capped the turn and river both of which were clubs to give the bad guy, who had AA, the ace high flush which beat my king high flush. OK, enough bad beat stories. Sunday was just a grind with a few small wins that built me back up to even.

I worked a lot on my golf game this weekend. I'll update on that in a seperate post.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Bracelet said...

Thanks for the pimpage!

Living in Detroit and liking hockey as much as I do has been tough this year to not have it. They better get their asses in gear.

See you in the next WPBT event!

4/26/2005 4:00 AM  
Anonymous Poker said...

I really enjoy to be here. Your have great insight about The weekend in review of your post. Your POKER, GOLF AND HOCKEY blog is really excellent.
--------------------------
My poker website: Get Poker Cash Bonus deals and Free No Deposit Poker.

5/11/2012 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home